What is Invisalign?
Invisalign makes straightening your teeth or correcting your bite easy. Instead of wires and brackets, you’ll wear removable aligner trays that slip over your upper and lower teeth. The trays are made of clear plastic to ensure that they’ll be practically invisible when you wear them.
Your aligners are custom-designed to address your particular orthodontic issues. When you visit our Chico office for your first Invisalign appointment, we’ll make an impression of your mouth and also take some pictures and X-rays. All of these images will be combined to create a digital 3D image of your mouth.
During your next appointment, you’ll receive a series of comfortable plastic aligner trays. On most days, you’ll wear the trays at least 20 hours. At the end of two weeks, you’ll remove your aligners and swap them for the next set in the series.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
Invisalign offers several benefits, such as:
- Versatility: The Invisalign system corrects crowding, spacing and bite problems. If you have mild to moderate issues, Invisalign offers an excellent alternative to metal braces.
- Appearance: The wire-free Invisalign system won’t change the way you look.
- Ease of Use: The aligners easily pop in and out of your mouth.
- Comfort: You won’t have to worry about cuts due to loose wires or pain after adjustments. There’s no need for adjustments with Invisalign. The aligner trays exert constant pressure on teeth, allowing them to change position gradually.
- No Food Limits: Because you’ll remove your aligner trays to eat, you won’t have any food restrictions.
- No Oral Hygiene Changes: After you take out your aligners, you’ll brush and floss as usual.
Ready to improve your smile with Invisalign? Call Philadelphia Square Dental Care in Chico, CA, at (530) 895-1999 to schedule your appointment.