Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Chico, CA
Wisdom Tooth Extraction is the process of removing one or more of your 'Wisdom teeth'. Wisdom teeth are the third molars that typically appear between the ages of 17 and 21. These teeth get the name 'wisdom teeth' simply because they grow in at a more mature age.
Why Get a Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
Having a wisdom tooth extracted is a major decision that Dr. Eltzroth does not take lightly; however, it is sometimes needed.
One of the most common reasons for wisdom tooth extraction is that there is no room in your mouth for your wisdom teeth to grow in, and they can/may adversely affect your other teeth.
More reasons for tooth extraction may include:
- When infection occurs around the wisdom tooth pocket.
- When your immune system is compromised.
- Periodontal or Gum Disease often cause serious damage which requires tooth extractions.
- To remove aesthetically unpleasant-looking teeth.
- Dr. Eltzroth may also recommend removal of wisdom teeth as part of treatment for braces or other dental procedure.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction Procedure
This procedure may be painful for some individual because of the size, shape, or structure of the wisdom teeth.
Dr. Eltzroth will follow this procedure while extracting teeth:
- The first step of this procedure is numbing your teeth and gums.
- After numbing your teeth, Dr. Eltzroth will expand and separate the tooth socket to extract the teeth.
- Eltzroth will use dental elevators and extraction forceps to remove the tooth.
- Once the tooth is extracted, Dr. Eltzroth will close the extraction site.
- After completion of the extraction process, Dr. Eltzroth will the control bleeding, and minimize the swelling.