TMJ - Chico, CA
The Temporomandibular joints (TMJ) are the two joints which connect the jawbone to the skull. Some facial tissues that regulate chewing are also linked to the jaw which means that any problems in this area might cause head and neck pain, facial pain, ear pain, and also headaches.
What is TMJ?
The Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) treatment helps you to overcome jaw pain plus stiffness which can have a huge impact on your health.
You might be a candidate of TMJ treatment for several reasons:
- Overcome chronic headaches, neck pain, and shoulder pain through TMJ treatment.
- TMJ treatment reduces your chance of dental damage and improves your appearance.
- Treating TMJ syndrome can help to ease your discomfort and allow you to enjoy eating again.
- Extreme cases of TMJ can cause chronic ringing in your ears, and TMJ therapy is the best way to alleviate Tinnitus.
- Boost your mood and improve your quality of life.
TMJ syndrome is a well-known disease affecting a vast majority of people, it can be identified by serious Headaches, Jaw pain, and irregular ringing in the ears.
However, the treatment procedure of TMJ involves:
- Initially, Dr. Choti will completely check the jaw area, your bite, x-rays, and analyze your history.
- Once Dr. Choti has these insights, he can recommend the required treatment.
- As soon as the diagnosis is attained, Dr. Choti may use several ways to provide relief.
- Choti may also give guidance on relaxation techniques.
TMJ was first defined in early ancient Egypt and it got recognition from the healthcare community during 1950's. Throughout the 1980s, the dental industry began exploring plus attempting to understand TMJ syndromes. According to a research by the NIDCR (National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research), identified the secondary risk factors which help them to understand the fundamental cause plus developmental course of TMJ syndromes.