Dental Sealants - Chico, CA
Dental sealants or fissure sealants are a very effective dental treatment. By placing a thin synthetic layer on the tooth surface Dr. Eltzroth can help prevent tooth decay and cavities. Tooth decay and dental cavities occur when bacteria produce acids which destruct hard tissues of your tooth and cause a cavity.
The dental sealants are a very simple, quick and affordable treatment for tooth decay or cavities. A protective shield by creating bonds into the cavities and grooves of the teeth.
Dental Sealants Overview
The concept of dental sealants was introduced by Michael Buonocore of Eastman Dental Center in Rochester, New York. He developed the capability to acid engrave the tooth surface and produce a bond which protects the tooth from bacteria. The sealants are mainly implemented on the surface of your teeth and it quickly bonds itself into the grooves and cavities by topping the tooth coating.
Why Get Dental Sealants?
Protecting your teeth from decay or cavities requires daily brushing and cleaning. However, brushing alone cannot protect your teeth from all negative bacterial actions. Dental sealants help to keep out bacteria plus food bits and reduce the possibility of tooth decay.
A report published by American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, reveals that dental sealants cutdown tooth decays by 85 percent within one year of application.
There are several reasons why you should get dental sealants:
- Proper application of dental sealants can protect your teeth for a lifetime and the cost of treating is not so expensive.
- The application process of dental sealants is completely painless, comfortable, and relatively fast.
- Improve your oral health by reducing the chances of tooth decay or cavities.
- Dental sealants can be applied to anyone, regardless of age, who is facing tooth decay or cavity issues.
Dental Sealants Procedure
According to the suggestion of American Dental Association (ADA), dental sealants are really simple and painless process;
- First, the surface of your tooth will be cleaned and dried properly.
- An "Etching Gel" will be applied on the tooth surface where the sealant will be placed, and then we wait for 20 to 60 seconds before washing it off.
- Now Dr. Eltzroth will place the sealant into the grooves of your tooth.
- Once the sealant is placed Dr. Eltzroth will use a curing light to harden the sealant...then you’re done!