Dental Fillings - Chico, CA
Dental fillings are a method to recover damaged, decayed or missing teeth. According to a survey, 90% of people have had dental fillings at least once in their lifetime. It is the most effective treatment to protect teeth from cavities and other bacterial actions.
Today’s advanced technology has made it easy to replace damaged or decayed teeth with natural, strong, long lasting fillings which enhance the original beauty of your teeth.
Why Get Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings are the most effective treatment when your teeth are affected by bacteria or cavities. Fillings help you to close the teeth space and prevent decay.
There are several types of dental fillings including gold fillings, amalgam fillings, composite resins and porcelain fillings. Dental filling benefits include:
- Advanced dental fillings offer strong natural teeth that can last over 15 years.
- Improve aesthetics by matching the colour and structure of your existing teeth.
- Perfectly bond on the tooth structure and makes your teeth more strong and comfortable.
Dental Fillings Procedure
The dental fillings procedure requires only two steps, first preparing the restorative materials and the second one is the placement of the materials.
- The process of preparing the replacement materials includes cutting the affected tooth perfectly with dental burrs.
- Remove the decay or portions of the teeth before moving to the next step.
- When the teeth are ready for the replacement, Dr. Eltzroth will suggest and prepare the best restorative materials.
- In the final step, restorative materials are well placed according to the existing teeth structure, and then completed teeth can be polished to end the dental filling procedure.
Dental Filling Fun Facts
The concept of today’s dental fillings was originated from ‘Dental Amalgam’, which appeared in Tang Dynasty, China, AD 618–907. In the 19th century, dentists started to use metal including gold, tin, or silver for filling affected teeth.
Today, dental fillings have become much more advanced, effective, safer and longer lasting.